- One-pager on the basics of the Fair Tax amendment from the Vote Yes for Fair Tax coalition
- One-pager on Racial Equity and the Fair Tax amendment from the Vote Yes for Fair Tax coalition
- A good longer read giving some of the history of why IL doesn't have a Fair Tax from a former reporter and public ed supporter who's been an education policy expert and commentator in Springfield for many decades, Jim Broadway. We highly recommend subscribing to his news service.
- Eric Zorn had a good debunking of many of the common arguments against the Fair Tax in his column this spring
- Column on the Fair Tax benefits for the working class from Ralph Matire, head of the non-partisan Center for Tax and Budget Accountability.
- Calculator to see what you'd pay under new rates. 97% of taxpayers will pay the same or less under the graduated rates.
- Basic stats on local and state tax burden in IL. We have the 8th most regressive taxation system in the US---mostly because we do not have a graduated rate income tax.
- And here's our slide show we've been using for info sessions on the Fair Tax.
Do you like this page?