Fill out a witness slip as a PROPONENT for HB3567, a bill that prohibits charter schools from opening in financially distressed school districts in IL. There is a hearing for this bill Tuesday, 3/28 at 2pm in the Appropriations Elementary and Secondary Education Committee.
Please see below for detailed instructions.
On Tuesday March 28 at 2:00pm there is a House Appropriations - Elementary and Secondary Education Committee hearing on the following bill:
We are PROPONENTS of this bill which would prohibit charters from opening in cash-strapped districts in Illinois that are on the Illinois State Board of Ed’s “financial watch” or “financial early warning” list.
You can read more about this bill in this Sun-Times article.
To fill out a witness slip for this bill, go this page and follow these instructions:
1) Name, Address, City, State, Zip: Complete (no dots or abbreviations)
2) Firm/Business: "none" or "self."
3) Title: "Self"
4) Email and phone: complete these lines
5) Representation: "self"
6) Position: Select "PROPONENT"
7) Testimony: check "RECORD of APPEARANCE"
8) CAPTCHA: fill out, (put space between words if applicable)
9) ILGA Terms of Agreement: Check box to agree
If you run into difficulties, you can email us at [email protected]
The volume of witness slips signifies the level of public support or opposition to bills to committee members. Once you get the hang out of it this is a quick way to indicate your position. (You can also create an account on my.ilga.gov site to make filling out and tracking your witness slips even faster.)
Thank you for your advocacy!