There is a hearing this Wednesday in the IL House for HB 1774, the elected school board bill. Take 2 minutes to fill out a witness slip and share with your contacts who care about having more democracy, transparency, and accountability in our public education system.
Even if you filled out a witness slip for this bill recently, you should do so again. While this bill was on the hearing schedule previously, it did not come up for a vote and therefore the witness slip process needs to start over again.
Please see below for detailed instructions.
On Wednesday, March 8, at 10:00am, there is a House Ed Committee hearing on the following bill:
We are PROPONENTS of this bill which would give Chicago an elected school board.
To fill out a witness slip for this bill, go to this page and follow these instructions:
1) Name, Address, City, State, Zip: Complete (no dots or abbreviations)
2) Firm/Business: "none" or "self."
3) Title: "Self"
4) Email and phone- complete these lines
5) Representation: "self"
6) Position: Select "PROPONENT"
7) Testimony: check "RECORD of APPEARANCE"
8) CAPTCHA- fill out, (put space between words if applicable)
9) ILGA Terms of Agreement: Check box to agree
If you run into difficulties, you can email us at [email protected].
The volume of witness slips signifies the level of public support or opposition to bills to committee members. Once you get the hang out of it this is a quick way to indicate your position. (You can also create an account on my.ilga.gov site to make filling out and tracking your witness slips even faster.)
Thank you for your advocacy!